Handy Global Hotkeys for Music Control
I now have a keyboard without "media" keys, so I came up with a set of global hotkeys that I've set up in my music player and consider quite handy. ("Global" means they work in the entire system, also when player application is not in focus.) I can't remember where do they come from, but I think it's possible that I've seen them somewhere. These are:
- Ctrl+Alt+Insert - Play
- Ctrl+Alt+Home - Pause
- Ctrl+Alt+End - Stop
- Ctrl+Alt+Page Up - Previous track
- Ctrl+Alt+Page Down - Next track
- Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Up - Volume up
- Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Down - Volume down
- Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Left - Seek back few seconds
- Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Right - Seek forward few seconds
My favorite music player is foobar2000. To setup new global hotkeys there:
- Select: File > Preferences
- Go to: Keyboard Shortcuts
- For each new hotkey:
- Search for appropriate action using "Filter list by" and select it. Actions for my hotkeys are:
- Playback / Play
- Playback / Pause
- Playback / Stop
- Playback / Previous
- Playback / Next
- Playback / Volume / Up
- Playback / Volume / Down
- Playback / Seek / Back by 5 seconds
- Playback / Seek / Ahead by 5 seconds
- Click inside "Key" box and press your hotkey.
- Check "Global hotkey".
- Close the dialog window using "OK" button.
I'm sure you can do this in other music players as well, like AIMP.
Comments (0) |
Tags: music windows |
Author: Adam Sawicki |